NESTLÉ PRIVACY NOTICE
OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOU
Last Updated: 1st July 2019
We know that data privacy is a top issue today, and we want you to enjoy your interaction with us whilst knowing that we value your Personal Data and that we protect it.
Here you will find an overview of how we process your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process it, and how you benefit. You’ll also see what your rights are and how you can contact us.
Of course, if you want more details, you can get access to the full Privacy Notice.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
As business and technology evolves, we might need to change this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are up-to-date with how Nestlé is using your Personal Data.
Aged under 18?
If you’re under the age of 18 we kindly ask you to wait to be a bit older to interact with us or ask a parent or guardian to contact us! We can’t collect and use your Personal Data without their agreement.
What data do we collect?
- The Personal Data that you give to us, e.g., when you create an account, make a purchase, login on our websites, contact us, provide feedback, fill in a form, send us an email , call us, share content on a Nestlé site or publicly share information about Nestlé on social media.
- The data that we create (e.g., when you make a purchase, and data that is collected automatically when you access one of our websites or apps, e.g., IP address, device ID, what browser you use or how you interact with Nestlé sites before or after having a Nestlé account. You can see our Cookies notice for more information on these technologies.
- Data collected from other legitimate sources such as Nestlé promotional partners, from public sources, data from your interaction with our advertising, or Personal Data that is part of your profile on a social network and that you have made available to us.
Why do we process your Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data to communicate with you, fulfil your purchase orders, answer your queries and provide you with communications about Nestlé and our products. We also process your Personal Data in order to help us comply with the law, to sell or transfer any relevant part of our business, to manage our systems and finances, to conduct investigations and to exercise legal rights. We combine your Personal Data from all sources so that we can understand you better to improve and personalise your experience when interacting with us.
Who can access your Personal Data and why?
We limit the disclosure of your Personal Data to others, however we do need to disclose your Personal Data in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- Companies within the Nestlé Group, where required for our legitimate interests or with your consent;
- Third parties engaged by us to provide services such as administering Nestlé websites, applications and services (e.g. features, programs, and promotions) available to you, subject to appropriate protections;
- Credit reporting agencies/debt collectors, where permitted by the law and if we need to verify your creditworthiness (e.g. if you choose to order with invoice) or collect outstanding invoices; and
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business interest.
Transfer of your personal data
We may process your Personal Data outside of the country in which you are based for the purposes set out in this notice. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we take reasonable steps to ensure that applicable laws are being followed.
What are your rights over your Personal Data?
Whenever we ask you to provide us with any Personal Data, you will be told why we need it and how it will be used. Your Personal Data will only be processed for the purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, or any other further purposes notified to you before the processing begins. If you choose not to provide Personal Data when we ask you, this may limit the services we can offer you. For example, if you do not provide your address, we cannot deliver your order.
If you share Personal Data with us, you have a right to (i) request access (i.e. to ask us what data we have about you, and obtain a copy), (ii) as for changes to be made or (iii) to have the data or user account deleted. This can be done by logging into your account or contacting us.
- You can also opt-out of marketing communications by (i) clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in each email/SMS you might receive; (ii) changing preferences via your account or by contacting us.
You can make a complaint
- If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your Personal Data by us you can contact us to make a complaint. We hope we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to competent data protection authorities.
Data security and retention
We use a variety of measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure, including restricting access to your Personal Data on a need to know basis and following appropriate security standards to protect your data.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only processed for the minimum period necessary in connection with: (i) the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; (ii) any additional purposes notified to you at or before the time of collection of the relevant Personal Data or commencement of the relevant processing; or (iii) as required or permitted by applicable law; and thereafter, for the duration of any applicable limitation period. In short, once your Personal Data is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Nestlé Saudi Arabia LLC acts as the “controller” for your Personal Data that are processed under, or in connection with, this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or Nestlé’s Personal Data collection and processing practices, please contact us by:
phone at 8008971971 / +97143634100
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
mail at Nestlé Saudi Arabia LLC P. O. Box 53744, Jeddah 21593, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
© 2019. Nestlé Middle East FZE