ESPRESSO Cupcake-style recipes with chocolate and vanilla
Discover our NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® recipe idea: Genoese sponge cake and chocolate cream. A delicious dessert with dark chocolate for a special treat.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 4 persons
You will need a:
- Electric hand mixer
- 4 capsules of ESPRESSO fromNESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto®
For the Genoese sponge cake:
- 70g flour
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs
- 70g powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
For the chocolate cream:
- 200ml whipped cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 4 pieces of caramel chocolate
Preparation of the chocolate cream:
- 1 Place the whipped cream in a sufficiently large bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Melt the dark chocolate according to the instructions.
- 2 Allow to cool and fold in the whipped cream in 3 parts. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
Preparation of the Genoese sponge cake:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Whisk the 2 egg yolks with the sugar in a water bath until the mixture becomes frothy. Add the pulp from the vanilla pod and the melted butter, then carefully fold in the flour. Pour the batter into a buttered and floured loaf tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 2 Chop the caramel chocolate into small pieces (eighths of each piece). Cut the sufficiently cooled Genoese biscuit into small cubes.
- 3 Prepare the coffees. Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, place the whipped cream on the cups. Work in a snail shape from the outside to the inside.
- 4 Put a few cubes of Genoese sponge cake and the pieces of caramel chocolate on top. Serve immediately.
Tip:Don't have time to prepare Genoese dough, but want to impress your friends? Simply buy a ready-made Genoese sponge cake or replace it with a cake of the same weight.
You might also be interested in these recipes
Cappuccino Chip Cookies
- 25 min.
Chocolate Vanilla Lungo Frappe
- 25 min.
Espresso Chocolate Vanilla Cupcake
- 15 min.